Villa Samudra - Saba Bai - Price range: US$ 500 - US$ 1000
This absolute beachfront villa is characterised by a large garden that extends directly onto a private 14-metre beachside buff with timber decking, towering coconut palms, and wooden steps leading down to the beach. This is the place to chill out and gaze at the graceful kites scattered throughout the sky, or watch both the sunrise and the sunset create a warm pink glow across the mysterious, towering, sea-cliffs of Nusa Penida Island.
In addition to the wonderful views, the garden of the two-storey Villa Samudra also boasts a 14 x 4 metre lap pool, which is 1.8 metres in depth and lined with green Java stone. A massage pavilion rests at one end of the pool and a bale bengong (relaxation pavilion) is also located in the garden, together with an outdoor shower, sunloungers, timeworn stone-carvings, terracotta carved wall panels, palms, sweet scented frangipani trees and coastal shrubs and plants.
Villa Samudra's semi open-air living and dining area borders the swimming pool. Open at each end, equipped with bamboo blinds and cooled by ceiling fans, this is tropical living at its very best. A Jacuzzi extends into the living space and overflows into the pool creating an attractive waterfall feature. A hi-fi system with surround sound is provided for the entertainment of the guests, and wireless high-speed Internet access allows guests to send and receive their e-mails inside the villa or beside the pool, in the garden or on the beach. The contemporary furniture is set off by a myriad of textures from smooth white Palimanan stone to carved antique doors framed by dark grey volcanic rock. Impressive local artwork adorns the walls, harmonized with primitive artifacts. A rustic coffee table, and comfortable sofas and chairs, are complemented by richly colored silk cushions, together with a woven rattan and wood-skin mat resting upon the Merbau wood floor. A striking feature is the curved floating staircase, fashioned in richly patterned wood and supported by eight columns. The open plan dining area is furnishing with a table for six and overlooks a lotus pond. The pond is traversed by stepping stones that lead through a pebbled courtyard to the fully equipped service kitchen where the staff will prepare delicious meals. Every need of the guests has been considered, and a particularly thoughtful touch is the provision of a barbeque. A series of wide stone pillars create a partition, for privacy, between the kitchen and the living and dining area.
The air-conditioned master bedroom, complete with en-suite bathroom and wide balcony, covers the whole of the upper floor under a soaring pitched roof. A queen size bed is made up with top quality linens and a red and black Chinese silk bedcover. Rich drapes frame the windows, local Paras stone bricks form a wall behind the bed, old photographs enhance the decor, and a wooden cabinet houses a satellite TV, DVD and CD player. Glass doors and fly screens open out onto a timber balcony deck commanding breathtaking views of the coastline and ocean. The en-suite bathroom comprises two mirrored dressing rooms with ample storage space, together with two separate washing areas linked by a covered balcony walkway. This clever design allows the dressing rooms and bathroom to be accessed by two different doors from the bedroom, and the walkway is enclosed with fretwork wooden walls, which allow the cool breezes to permeate. One of the grey terrazzo-floored bathroom areas features a black terrazzo corner bathtub and twin washbasins. The other area features a shower, toilet and washbasin.
The two remaining air-conditioned bedrooms are located downstairs, one with queen size bed and the other one with twin bed, other facilities are mirror images of each other, each with en-suite bathroom, satellite TV, DVD and CD player. Glass doors and fly screens in each room open onto a personal terrace furnished with daybeds, and a dressing area is located behind the bed. Each garden bathroom features 'his 'n' hers' washbasins, toilet, and a black terrazzo sunken bathtub and shower, bordered by plants, together with a three-tiered running water feature, and a wall for privacy.
The recent construction of the Sanur-Kusamba by-pass road has made this area accessible to the rest of the island and positions Villa Samudra within easy driving distance of most of Bali's tourist attractions. Villa Samudra is .just forty-five minutes drive from Bali's international airport, thirty minutes from the cultural town of Ubud, ten minutes from Sukawati art and handicraft market, ten minutes from Sanur, and thirty minutes from the restaurants, shops and nightlife of Kuta and Seminyak. Ketewel village is the origin of the famous Legong Bededari Dance, and the neighbouring village of Sawa produced the finest Legong dancers on the island. The beach of Pabean, in front of Villa Samudra, was once a small port through which oriental traders brought their products; at low tide you can still see the structure of the old harbour and a Chinese cemetery is located nearby. Balinese Hindu purification ceremonies are held beside the ocean at the sacred Pura Segara sea temple, and the nearby reef is renowned for its world class surf breaks.
Guests staying at Villa Samudra can look forward to experiencing unrivalled service within the calm tranquility that is the true essence of Bali.
Facilities at Villa Samudra Majapahit Gianyar Bali :
- 3 fully air-conditioned bedrooms, each with an en-suite bathroom, satellite TVs and CD/DVD players.
- Living and dining area opening directly onto pool and Jacuzzi
- Absolute beachfront garden and wide beach-side wooden deck
- 14 x 4 meter lap pool
- Relaxation bale pavilion
- Fully equipped service kitchen
- TV/ DVD/CD player in living area and each bedroom
- Wireless high speed Internet access
- IDD Telephone line
- Safe deposit box in each bedroom
The complex (Majapahit Beach Villas) is served by a full team of staff, including waiters and butlers. A professional service kitchen and trained chef caters to the culinary whims of the guests in 5-star fashion. A car and driver is also available for each villa.
Majapahit Beach Villas are fully serviced by :
- A full time Villa Manager : Supervise and co-ordinates the staff and is available to assist guests during their stay.
- Butlers : On hand 24 hours a day to look after every need of the guests.
- Pool Boy : Providing service around the pool and garden area during day time
- Chef and Cook : Trained in the preparation of both local and international cuisine. A menu is provided and the staff will do all the market shopping.
- Villa Attendants : Responsible for housekeeping duties and taking care of daily laundry and dry cleaning service.
- Security Guards : Duties are to guard the villa 24 hours a day to ensure the security of the guests.
- Gardeners : Tending the garden and the grounds of the villa, and cleaning and maintaining the swimming pool and Jacuzzi.
- Maintenance team : Created to ensure all Villa equipment are well maintain and are in working order.
Villa Samudra - Villa Rates
Validity: until January 8, 2013
||Villa Rates (USD)
|3 Bedroom Villa
Validity: from January 9, 2013 until December 15, 2014
||Villa Rates (USD)
|3 Bedroom Villa
Rates for period 2013 - 2014 do not include breakfast.
All rates are quoted in US$ per villa (not person) per night, with the following benefits:
- Airport pick-up service upon arrival with private air-conditioned vehicle
- Personalized check-in service upon arrival in the villa
- Early check-in subject to availability, earliest at 10.00
- Refreshing welcome drink and cold towel upon arrival
- Welcome flower arrangement
- Welcome massage (15 minutes)
- Welcome fruit basket
- 1x in villa breakfast (first morning only)
- Daily replenished bottled mineral water
- Daily afternoon tea
- Daily selected newspaper (Jakarta post)
- Free use of villa facilities
- Free use of bicycle subject to availability
- Free use of 2 units’ baby cot
- Free use of 2 units’ high chair
- Free use of pool fence
- Free local call
- Wi-Fi internet connection
- Housekeeping service from 07.00 to 23.00
- 24 hours butler service
- 24 hours security
- In house cook/chef
- Late check-out subject to availability, the latest at 15.00
- Personalized check-out service upon departure in the villa
All rates are subject to 15, 5% government tax and service charge.
- Special Offers & Promotions
- 20% Discount for last minute booking during low and high season
- 15% Discount for last minute booking during peak season
- 15% Discount for more than 14 nights stay during low season
- 10% Discount for more than 14 nights stay during high and peak season
- 20% Discount for more than 30 nights stay during low season
- 15% Discount for more than 30 nights stay during high and peak season
All special offers and promotions are valid until January 8, 2013.
High & Peak Season Periods
High season period: June 1 - September 15, Chinese New Year, and Easter Week.
Peak season period: December 15 - January 8.
Minimum stay: LOW season: 2 nights; HIGH season: 5 nights; PEAK season: 7 nights.
- Extra Person
- Maximum occupancy is 2 persons per room.
- Optional Services
We offer a wide choice of optional services to enhance your overall quality of stay on the island of Bali;
Take pleasure in an in-villa cooking service for lunch, dinner or a
special celebration prepared by an experienced Chef. Grocery shopping or
interactive cooking classes can also be arranged on request.
- Relaxing massage treatments and spa rituals can be performed in the privacy of your villa.
Enjoy full or half day tours, adventure excursions, water sports
activities, car/motorbike rental or even the services of your own
- Convenient services and facilities are available
for families travelling with young children. A professional baby sitting
service, extra bed, baby cot, high chair, car seat and pool fence for
peace of mind can easily be arranged at small extra charge.